Monday, May 02, 2005

Change The Past... How About Not

Many people believe that changing the past can change who a person is. Or that the things that happen now wouldn’t happen if their past was different. I believe we learn from our mistakes because we wouldn’t want to repeat them, we are better prepared for the next time it happen, and many people are aware of what can happen and know how to prevent it.

Mistakes are part of our life. They help us make better decisions the next time it happen. For example, when I was younger I ate snow that had just fallen, along with my sister. The next day I got so sick that I would vomit every time something went down my throat. I had to lie on the cold floor, surrounded by plastic bags, while my sister got to play and go to friend’s houses. From that mistake, I learned never to eat snow again. The next snow storm that came I didn’t even touch the snow.

From my experience of eating snow, the next time it snowed I was aware of what could happen and I tried to prevent it. Another example could be September 11. When the world trade centers were hit we weren’t expecting it to happen. From our experience we are aware that it can happen and we would want to do everything we can to prevent it.

If what happened on September 11 happened again, we would want to be ready. Unlike the first time it happened, our mistake should make us better prepared for the next time it will happen.

So from these examples, we can learn that our mistakes can help us learn not to repeat them, we are better prepared, and we are aware that it can happen again. So that is why I believe that our mistakes help us learn to make better decisions. What do you think about mistakes? Can they change your world or can they leave you hanging?

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.