Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My Home Away From Home

Finding a home away from home is one of the very limited things to hold extremely close to one’s heart. The home away from home takes you a big step from reality. This home is where your dreams come alive. You can look around and demand what you want and it will magically appear. You can also feel any way want. You can feel comfortable and relaxed or scared and confused. Whichever one you prefer. My home away from is Norway resulting from the places, the love of my family, and the nature.
One of the things that make Norway my home away from home are the wonderful places. One of my favorite places to go is the ocean. My favorite ocean I go to is called Glenne beach. This ocean is very special to me because its part of me along with my name. This beach is one of many branches of all the wonderful things that make this my home away from home. This beach is as quite has the ocean itself. The normal sand is dismissed and is replaced with gray stone. Flowers cover the grassy areas and leads to the beautiful forest. There are varieties of depths in the ocean so many age groups can come and play. This is great because my whole family young and old can come and enjoy it. In order to get to the shallow water you walk through a sharp shell covered terrain. The pain from the edges of the shells, jabbing you in the feet, is recessive against the dominant sound and beauty of the ocean. The feeling of being able to hear the ocean without using a sound maker is one of the best feelings I know of. In Denver there is no ocean at all so it’s great to feel the cold warmth of the water. In the less shallow water there are huge rocks that I climb on to fish up crabs. My favorite place to swim is in the deep water. My favorite way to get in to the deep water is to jump of a very old dock. There are three main feeling that I absorb within a about 10 to 15 seconds. The first feeling comes when I get a huge running start to jump of the dock into to the inviting water. I feel as if I’m taking a risk. I feel like I break free and fly with out having to worrie what shall happen if I fall. In the middle of my jump I get my second feeling, This feeling is one when I realize that I belong in Norway, that this should be my permanent home. Hitting the water gives me my third feeling. I feel the ocean. The water finally becomes friendly again. The shock of being cold finally goes away and I begin to enjoy the feeling. I feel weightless and as if nothing can hurt me because the water is protecting me. Everything around me is beautiful but the one thing that catches my eyes is the water is beautiful along with the water that shimmers upon it. The ocean is a huge part of my home.
The love of my family is also a huge part of my home. All of my true family is there. The one person I love too much to explain is my grandmother. I call her Bestemor. She one thing that drives me through the hard times of life. Whenever I look at her I automaticly smile. She does so many things I love. One of the things I love to do with my Grandmother is go berry picking in the forest next to her house. Her and I try to do as much as we can together. I also love my great aunt. I call her Titttis. I try and visit her as much as I can. Her house is small but very cozy. When I walk in I can smell the love. She spends a lot of her time in her garden. Her garden is amazing. It’s filled with colorful flowers and many berry bushes. If I walk a little past her house I get to my Great Aunt and Uncles house. Their names are Uncle Per and Aunt Bodle. He’s a funny old man and so is she. I love visiting my mom’s cousin and hr family. Her name is Anne-fi. She is so fun to hang out with. She has mixed personalities. She s normally very sophisticated but she shows a kids side once in awhile. She has an adorable son named Jesper. He is so cute. He loves to run around and play with me. All of my family members make me feel as if I belong. I’m very much like them I look like them and even think like them.
Everywhere in Norway is covered in nature. I live in nature instead if on the surface of it. The meadowed forest and the water come together to become the heart of nature. The meadowed forest is pure green and filled with many other colors. One of my favorite things to do in the forest is to pick berries. Many varieties of berries cover the land. There are blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and many, many others. I loved making jam out of those berries. It’s an original family tradition. I really don’t like mushrooms pick if I hand pick them in a Norwegian forest I’ll eat them. Normally pick them with my mom. We pick them and put them in old tin buckets. My mom usually has the berry bucket and I have the berry bucket. Mushrooms and berries aren’t the only thing the forest contains. It has flowers. Lots and Lots of flowers. One of my hobbies is picking them. There are so many different types of lowers to pick, even edible ones. My favorite flower is a very simple flower. It called “Blue bell.” This flower isn’t the one flower that smells there best or even the one that eats flies. I love it anyways. You can also find a lot of animals in the meadowed forest and ocean areas. In the forest there’s squirrels and dears. In the water areas there’s sea life, frogs, and moose. My grandma’s house is right on a lake. Once in awhile a moose will come and drink out of the lake. It looks amazing. The berries, mushrooms, and animals make me feel welcome.
Norway is my true home away from home. It makes me feel as if I’m at the top of the world. Like I’m invincible. Like no one can stand in my way. Norway is the most wonderful place that very, very deep in my heart.

No comments: