Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Everything Happens For a Reason

I believe that everything happens for a reason because, there is always a lesson behind our struggles, the good must come with the bad and without a struggle we cannot grow as people. If our world were a sanctuary for all living creatures and everyone received what they desired, our world would be filled with chaos and confusion.
Everyday when we step out of bed, we can be sure that there is a lesson waiting for us around each and every corner. In our darkest moments we can rest assured that through the rain always comes a rainbow. Learning is never easy but what comes out of it cannot be masked with words. In fact what comes out of it may be the lesson itself, not the answer. We encounter obstacles that may seem to stare us down but we overcome them, with pride, and the strength of the obstacles before it. When I was about 10 years old I was told that I would never accomplish my dreams of becoming an entertainer, and for a while I listened. But later on I realized that I could become an entertainer, and that I should never have doubted myself in the first place. I had the potential. So I began to work and strive harder towards my goal. And 3 years later here I am dancing in a dance company that took the nation by storm. With strength and belief I over came the obstacles that I was told were to high and to far to over come. I overcame all the odds and have never looked back. So no matter what the lesson may seem like, big or small, important or irrelevant, we will always come out it with a story to tell.
Although there may be struggles within our life and things that seem to bring us down from day to day, there is always a sliver of happiness, or joy hiding behind the hard times, perhaps to make up for the rough times, or to cover our tears, or maybe just to give us a break once in a while. Whatever the case we can always be sure that at the end of the tunnel there will always be a light left on to guide us safely home.
4 years ago my parents divorced and separated. My dad moved away and remarried. Things were rough at first. We were tight on money and our family, or at least what remained of it, seemed to be drifting apart. My father was only a 15-minute drive away but to me it seemed like there was thousands of miles between us. He said he was always there but I saw little of him. But as the years passed things began to get a little easier. I began to realize that I was growing stronger with every step I took. I could feel it too. I missed my dad but we saw each other more frequently and I was growing up. I didn’t need to be daddy’s little girl anymore. I began to respect myself as well as my mother for what we had overcome. And in the end I realized that my parent’s divorce was only an opportunity to grow.
We may feel like giving up or throwing in the towel at times, but just remember that we are never in this alone. There are always others right by our sides every step of the way. We learn more from every step that we take, and we grow from every move that we make. God has a plan for everyone of us so when things get tough remind yourself that the big man up there knows what he’s doing. You may fall flat on your face sometimes but it’s only a chance to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on. Life is not a lesson but an opportunity to influence, love, and learn within something much bigger than a lesson.

No comments: