Monday, April 25, 2005

Getting Caught

Getting Caught

I was sitting in my sister’s room, looking around in her closet, and using pens by scribbling away on a piece of scratch paper that I had brought with me when I snuck in. I got caught doing something I shouldn’t have done, otherwise know as raiding my sister’s closet and desk. I was putting things back into their perfect place, exactly like it was, until she stepped in. I was in total panic. Getting caught really sucks because you get I trouble, you get a long, or short, lecture from your parents, or you brother or sister, or you could get away with it.
I just looked at my sister, panic rose over me. I quickly tried to think of something to say to her. I looked around, as she stood right there in the doorway, blocking my way out. All I could say was that I had lost my shirt. But, un-surprisingly, my sister didn’t buy it and she gave me a really long, boring lecture about sneaking in her room.
I quickly thought up of something, Then, I saw my bouncy ball and just blurted out that I had lost my bouncy ball. She looked at me and I and asked how? I replied that I had been bouncing it when it hit off my foot and bounced in. I looked at my sister nervously. All she did was yell for me to get it and get out! I grabbed my bouncy ball and scrambled out. Then, before I had gotten out, I turned and asked her if I could borrow a pencil. Ashe just yelled out again. I ran frightened to my room and shut the door.
My dad came up to the room, gearing my sister’s loud voice talking to me. He was wondering, what the heck is going on up here? My sister, still furious at me, told my dad about what I was doing. ‘Oh crap’ is all I could think of. Then I thought, ’What are they going to do to me?’ My dad glanced at me, and then looked at my sister. Then, Then, my dad started to get angry. He asked if Sis told me to stay out. I just replied as a frightened, yes. I was sitting in my room, un-happily reading my book. I was going to learn Chinese for a few minutes, looking over Chinese books, with characters I didn’t even know about. I NEVER wanted to get grounded though for doing something so small of sneaking!
When you get caught, you seem to want to get out of it in any way. Including lying. But you really don’t want to lie!! Your parents can tell if you are or not! They just have that sensing thing! Don’t get in trouble, or get the lecture! Just try to get away with it without having to lie! So, you just DON’T WANT TO GET CAUGHT! Is it possible to get away with sneaking around? Let’s hope that there is!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

someone said...
I liked your essay but it was a little too sarcastic.